KISS

Have you out grown the music yet? That music that you grew up with is what I mean. Listening to some music while working in the garage one day got be to thinking, do we ever grow out of what we used to like so much. And why would I or why should I if I still like it so much?
Sure today I like almost any kind of music that you can throw at me. Even stand some of the rap as long as I can make heads or tails out of it. But I always go back to that good ole never will die rock n roll stuff and some of the older heavy metal.

Back in my teens and on up until I was about twenty five or six, I went to a lot of rock concerts. Seen most of the big names at the time from Elton John to ZZ Top to Elvis. Always hated I missed the Beetles, but have seen Paul McCartney and John Lennon. Later I also went to a lot of country music concerts, but always fall towards the wilder ones like Hank Jr, Willie Nelson, David Allen Coe and Waylon Jennings, etc....

One concert I went to when I was barely in my teens. Was in Greensboro, NC. My mother took me and dropped me off to meet some friends there. The concert was KISS. Never have forgot the first time I saw KISS in concert. Opening for KISS was Gary Wright. Though he is good and I enjoy his music, I thought he would never shut up and get off stage. I had listened to KISS's music for so long and now I was getting to see them, and the night kept dragging on and on before they came out.

When Gary Wright finally left the stage, the building went dark. Couldn't see anything. Then there was cigarette lighter flames from people all over the building. Darkness seem to last for an hour. Then you could hear an announcement coming out of dark, Are you ready? "YOU WANTED THE BEST, YOU GOT THE BEST! THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...... KISS".
Then there were three huge balls of fire blew out of the top of the stage and reached all the way up to the ceiling of the Greensboro coliseum. In the glow of the fire you could see the band of KISS on stage before any lights came on. Their opening song was 'Firehouse'. Thought the roof was coming off the place. LOL!
I had never seen a concert as good as this was and I've never seen another band move me like KISS did. When it was over, I couldn't wait until they came back again. I'd be there and I did go back to the next three years they showed.

Later when time to pick me up, my mother must have thought she could find me inside with all those people at the concert. Anyway, she got in somehow for the last few minutes of the concert and saw KISS during their last song, "Rock and Roll All Nite". I finally met her after finding the car later and I don't think there was a word said all the way home about the evening. I was so high on the music and concert, I don't think I could have talked about it. Yeah, I know what your thinking. LOL!! Yes I was high too, but not all that high! I did smoke a little weed once in a while way back then. I mean, it comes by you at concerts every little bit, you take a drag off of it and pass it on to the next person. ;)
Anyway, The next day, I remember well to this day even. My mother was telling a friend she had drop me off at a concert and about what she saw when she walked in to pick me up. But she told her friend she had heard of things on earth sent from the devil, and this band KISS had to be one of them.
I remember just smiling and walking off to my bedroom and turning up the music. Parents just never understand kids! ;)

KISS


0 comments:

To Use A Smiley In Your Comment, Simply Add The Characters Beside Your Choosen Smiley To The Comment:
:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( :angel :hug :biggrin :hi :drool :love Grab Smily Gadget

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL to place a name on your comment. You do not have to fill in a URL.
Please do not use Anonymous!

--RSS--------Email